Care of the Elderly
House calls for patients with poor mobility
and we also attend patients in nursing homes
Chartered Physiotherapsists are qualified in the following areas of Elderly Care.
- Assesments of fall risk
- Assessments of the home and recommended alterations
- Mobility aids
- Equipment to improve Activities of Daily Living(ADL) and independent living, eg hip protectors, long handled shoe horns, key turner etc
- Individual safe tailored exercise and elderly flexibility classes
- Stroke rehabilitation, from acute stage onwards
- Post operative orthopaedic rehabilitation eg. for hip and knee replacements etc
- Respiratory Care for immobile patients/ COPD/ chronic chest infections etc
At Physiotherapy Works, we do house calls for patients with poor mobility and also attend patients in nursing homes. Please phone the clinic for more information.
For a full comprehensive list of our service and equipment please contact the clinic