Foot problems and Orthotics
Supplying foot support and insoles to
treat long-term, on-going, repetitive injuries
Orthotics & Biomechanical Problems
Abnormal foot function forces the muscles of the leg to work too hard and injuries occur as a result. Orthotics are specially moulded foot supports/insoles that are placed inside the shoe. Apart from supporting the foot, they actually realign the foot to their “neutral” or correct position, allowing the foot to function as it should.
Orthotics can often correct long-term, on-going, repetitive injuries such as “shin splits”, achilles tendonitis, anterior knee pain, hip and lower back problems.
At Physiotherapy Works our Chartered Physionterapist will carry out a full physical examination to determine the correct course of treatment and in a lot of cases treatment alone can correct a significant amount of Biomechnical problems.
Each Assessment will include:
- A detailed Biomechanical evaluation of the structure of your feet
- Analysis of how your feet affect the posture and movement of your body as a whole
- Manufacture of Orthotic to your specification in a laboratory
Conditions often treated by Orthotics are:
- Metatarsalgia(Pain in the ball of the foot)
- Tired/Aching feet and legs
- Hallux Abducto – Valgus (Bunions)
- Plantar Fascitis (Heel Pain)
- Patello-femoral Mal-alignment (Knee cap pain)
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Pes Planus (Flat Feet)
- Lumbar-Sacral Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis of the ankle, knee and hip